Last autumn, a meeting of the Ethics Commission heard the case of Professor Alexandr Storozhuk, who had been slandered by a university graduate, accusing him of harassment (two years after her graduation). The Commission’s published decision stated that an appeal had been made to expel from membership those who had been ruled in breach of the the Internal Rules of Conduct of Saint Petersburg State University Students by the Ethics Commission. Could you clarify what response came from the Association? Has the graduate been expelled?
The answer of Vladimir Eremeev, Vice-Rector for Human Resources:
Thank you for contacting us. In response, I inform you that the decision of the Ethics Commission was sent to the Alumni Association on 18 November 2020. On 29 December 2020, a response was received from the President of the Alumni Association Andrey Yakunin, which advised that the Alumni Association Board would consider putting the issue of the expulsion procedure applicability on the agenda of the delegates’ conference.
Unfortunately, as of 01 June 2021, no response has been received from the Association.
- Minutes of the Rector’s Meeting dated 15 June 2021
- The Alumni Association Fails to Comply with the Requirements of the Agreement with St Petersburg University. Why?
- About Violations in the Performance of the St Petersburg University Alumni Association Revealed by the Ministry of Justice
- About the Position of the St Petersburg University Collegium of Honorary Professors about the Association’s State of Affairs
- Termination of the Arrangements between St Petersburg University and the Alumni Association
- About the RBC’s Enquiry Related to the Situation around the Association
- Minutes of the Rector’s Meeting dated 8 June 2021
- About the Participation of the Association in St Petersburg University’s Activities
- About the Sale of Souvenirs with the Symbols of St Petersburg University by OOO‘1724’ on behalf of the Alumni Association
- Is the University Bound to Provide the Association with Premises?
- About Lawyers Who Prepared Documents for the Registration with the Ministry of Justice
- Expulsion from the Alumni Association for Violations of the University’s Code of Ethics: Will It Happen?
- About the Performance of the St Petersburg University Alumni Association
- Termination of the Agreement of Cooperation between St Petersburg University and the St Petersburg University Alumni Association