Dear Elena Grigoryevna, representatives of the Alumni Association claim that St Petersburg University is obliged by Agreement to provide them with premises in the building of Twelve Collegia, but there is no such clause in the published version of the Agreement. What is the basis for such an obligation on the part of St Petersburg University?
The answer of Elena Chernova, Senior Vice-Rector:
In response to your message, I inform you that St Petersburg University has no obligations to provide premises in the building of Twelve Collegia, neither to the Alumni Association nor to other NGOs. Only the Cooperation Agreement regulates cooperation between the University and this organisation.
In 2018, the acting executive director of the Association, referring to the agreement between the University and the Association, addressed to the administration of St Petersburg University with a request to grant a commercial organisation — OOO ’1724′, - the right to use the premises in the building of Twelve Collegia free of charge. Of course, such a request was not satisfied.
- Minutes of the Rector’s Meeting dated 15 June 2021
- The Alumni Association Fails to Comply with the Requirements of the Agreement with St Petersburg University. Why?
- About Violations in the Performance of the St Petersburg University Alumni Association Revealed by the Ministry of Justice
- About the Position of the St Petersburg University Collegium of Honorary Professors about the Association’s State of Affairs
- Termination of the Arrangements between St Petersburg University and the Alumni Association
- About the RBC’s Enquiry Related to the Situation around the Association
- Minutes of the Rector’s Meeting dated 8 June 2021
- About the Participation of the Association in St Petersburg University’s Activities
- About the Sale of Souvenirs with the Symbols of St Petersburg University by OOO‘1724’ on behalf of the Alumni Association
- Is the University Bound to Provide the Association with Premises?
- About Lawyers Who Prepared Documents for the Registration with the Ministry of Justice
- Expulsion from the Alumni Association for Violations of the University’s Code of Ethics: Will It Happen?
- About the Performance of the St Petersburg University Alumni Association
- Termination of the Agreement of Cooperation between St Petersburg University and the St Petersburg University Alumni Association