Question: My name is Peter, I´m 17 years old and I live in Russia 2 months ago. My country is Peru, also I´m student in this City at БашГУ. Now I´m learning Russian language here in Ufa and I have to say everything about my studies are good, but I´m not so confortable in this city and now, I´m thinking to move to other city in the next year, I will be confortable there, I think. I want to be a journalist, this is my career but first I should learn russian language. I only want to know about the prices in your university, of course in my career and what I should do if I decided to study in your university. How I have to do the documents? I was reading many information about the university at the website and It´s very interesting the information about the studies there. Well, with this request I will say good bye, I hope you answer me this letter, thank you very much for reading this letter Bye.
The answer of Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs Ekaterina Babelyuk: Admission of international students to Saint-Petersburg State University is carried out under the Regulations for Admission of Foreign Applicants to Main Programmes of Higher Professional Education at Saint Petersburg State University, published on the official site of SPSU Admissions Board www.abiturient.spbu.ru.
To apply in 2011 foreign citizens were to submit the following documents:
1) an application for the education programme of the chosen level (Application Form) in the format established by the Admissions Board;
2) original certificates of education (duly legalised if necessary) and transcripts (if the latter is provided for by the laws of the country issuing the said certificates of education), recognised in the Russian Federation as equivalent to state-issued qualification documents, or their duly authorised copies;
3) a duly authorized Russian translation of the foreign certificate of education and transcript;
4) a copy of the identity documents of the foreign national in the Russian Federation under Article 10 of the Federal Law № 115-FZ “Оn the legal status of foreign applicants in the Russian Federation» of 25.07.2002;
5) for foreign applicants arriving in the Russian Federation on an entry visa, a copy of the entry visa to the Russian Federation specifying study in SPSU as the purpose of their visit to the Russian Federation;
6) a copy of the migration card;
7) a certificate confirming the applicant’s familiarity with the Residence Regulations for Foreign applicants in the Russian Federation;
8) 6 (six) photographs (3х4 cm, made during the current calendar year).
International students, who is being applied under the quota, established with Decree №638 of 25.08.2008 “On international cooperation in education”, in addition to documents mentioned above must submit references from the Russian Federation Ministry of Education and Science in the time frame established by the Russian Federation Ministry of Education and Science.
In 2011 Saint-Petersburg State University had a right to choose candidates being applied under the references from the Russian Federation Ministry of Education by himself.
To be applied under the references mentioned above you could refer both to Saint-Petersburg State University and to Russian Federation Ministry of Education of Peru.
If you decide to refer to Saint-Petersburg State University you will have to participate in selection. You cold find he Regulations of selection on the official site of SPSU Admissions Board www.abiturient.spbu.ru in the tab “Информация для иностранных граждан” or “Information for foreign citizens (in English)”.
To study under the fee you should submit the documents mentioned above except references from the Russian Federation Ministry of Education and pass the exams.
To be applied you must submit original certificates of education (duly legalised if necessary) and transcripts (if the latter is provided for by the laws of the country issuing the said certificates of education), recognised in the Russian Federation as equivalent to state-issued qualification documents, or their duly authorised copies;
You could submit the Application Form and other application documents personally or by post. You could also submit Application Forms and other required documents electronically through the SPSU official website.
Last year entrance exams for international students including additional exams were finished before 25th of August.
To be applied to the bachelor program “Journalistic” in 2011 international students passed exams on Russian language (TRKI-1) and took part in creative contest. If you have a certificate TRKI-1 you will not need to pass the exam on Russian language.
The educational fee in 2011/2012 academic year was:
- on the program “Journalistic” specialization “International journalistic” – 282 700 rubles per year;
- on the program “Journalistic” wit other specializations – 278 300 rubles per year.
All international students have a right to leave in university hostel during the admission. The leaving price will be established in 2012.
To know about the educational programs on which Saint-Petersburg State University will apply students in 2012 you could visit on the official site of SPSU Admissions Board www.abiturient.spbu.ru.
All documents (regulations) about the admission are published on the official site of SPSU Admissions Board www.abiturient.spbu.ru.