Study international relations at SPSU

Published Date:

Question: Hello my name is Borislav from Bulgaria. I am interested in applying to your university to study International Relations. Could you please tell me what the requirements are? Do I have to know Russian or can I be accepted with an English proficiency exam like TOELF or IELTS?

The answer of Senior Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs Ekaterina Babelyk:

Thank you for your letter.

International applicants can be admitted to SPbU both to places on a fee-paying (contractual) basis and to places funded by the Russian Government (Scholarship includes tuition fee and academic scholarship).

Admission information for the 2015 academic year about places funded by the Russian Government is published at the web-site of the University:

Information about places on a fee-paying (contractual) basis is available here:

Here you may find additional information about exams:

Tuition fee for the Masters program in International relations may vary and depends of the program. Information about tuition fees are published on the web-site of the University:

Learning language for most of Masters programs, is Russian, but some programs are offered in English.

You also need to submit Diploma of your previous education with legalization with diploma's notarized transcript (it should be notarized in Russia or in Russian embassy). You also should have an application for Admission to an educational program, copy of an identity document with the indication of nationality and photographs 3 x 4 (4 pieces), made during the calendar year.A list of full requirement you may find here:

List of Master’s program offered in English language is available here:

If you want to join Russian language courses first in order to improve your language skills, please, see information here:

If you will need any further information please do not hesitate to contact International Admissions Office of the University by e-mail:


Print Email

  • Hits: 1610